Next meeting starts Monday, November 10 at 7 PM. We will be demonstrating the Broadband Hamnet mesh network. For more information see http://www.broadband-hamnet.org
The next meeting will start at 7 PM on Monday, October 6 at the Seniors’ Lounge on the upper level of the Don Montgomery Community Centre.
2014 SET (Simulated Emergency Test) will take place on Saturday October 18.
There will be a meeting on Friday September 19 at 7:30pm at the Regent Park Aquatic Centre, 640 Dundas Street East. The 505 Dundas Street Car runs right past the Centre, street parking also available.
We are hoping that many of our present members and Amateur operators that would like to take part in this exercise will attend. If you are unable to attend but would like to take part please e-mail me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Toronto ARES group is now affiliated with The Toronto Amateur Radio Club and The Toronto Red Cross.
This Year’s SET scenario.
Base stations required
Mobile stations required
Mode of operation Phone & Digital
Locations: to be used
Malcolm Kendall VE3BGD
Our meeting will be at 7 PM on Monday, September 8, at the Don Montgomery Community Centre. See you there!
Ralph VE3VXY writes:
It is with much sadness we announce the passing of Len VE3LXB.
Len passed away in his sleep on Friday morning. His funeral will be on Thursday June 26
from the Highland Funeral Home on Sheppard Ave near Warden Ave
We are almost ready for Field Day. Come to our meeting on Monday, June 9 at 7 PM or visit the ARRL Field Day site for more information.
This meeting we will discuss Field day 2014
See you there Ralph ve3vxy
Scarborough Mandarin MS Walk 2014
May 4th 2014 8:00 am @Willow Park Junior Public School
Hi we are seeking the help for the MS Walk 2014 this year anyone wishing to help out please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Thanks for helping
Folks, spring weather is slowly making inroads in Ontario (aside from recent snowfalls) and we are less than a week away from our first training session in Windsor on April 22. We experienced our first damaging thunderstorms of the year on the evening of Saturday, April 12 in the Chatham-Kent area where downbursts caused some tree damage and power outages.
There have been a number of additions to the list of training venues with this second training notice. Sessions have been added in Huron County (May 1), Dufferin County (May 13), Niagara Peninsula/Thorold (May 21), Belleville (May 31) and Northwestern Ontario (June 9-13). A session is planned for Frontenac County and details will be available in the next training notice. In addition, there is a correction to the address for the session in North Bay on June 5, it will take place at the OPP Regional Headquarters located at 911A Gormanville Road in the Cathy Burns Training Room.
Thanks to all of you who have already RSVP’d for a session near you. For those of you, who haven’t already contacted me to provide me with the session you intend to participate in, please RSVP me at g;eo;f;f.co;u;l;s;on;@ec.;gc;.ca;. For the Sarnia training session, please RSVP Bill Hoad at b;hoad@;xcelco;.;on;.;ca
Lastly, if you are an amateur radio operator and know of any repeaters that are used in your area for CANWARN weather events, please email Ward Kennedy (ve3w;g;k@ho;t;mai;l;.;c;om;) with the frequency, known PL tone and call sign.
- April 22 – 7 PM – Windsor – Caboto Hall at the Caboto Club – 2175 Parent Avenue, Windsor
- April 23 – 7 PM – Sarnia – Sarnia Yacht Club – 1220 Fort Street – Sarnia
- April 24 – 7 PM – London – Fanshawe College – Room T1003 Building T – Free Parking at any metered spot after 6 PM
- April 26 – 9 AM – Hamilton – Nash Auditorium, Wilcox Building, Chedoke Hospital, 555 Sanatorium Road, Hamilton – Free parking available across the street from Wilcox Building
- April 26 – 9 AM – Ottawa – Nepean Sailing Club – 3259 Carling Ave., Nepean
- May 1 – 7 PM – Huron County – Bayfield Community Centre, Municipality of Bluewater, 4 Jane Street, Bayfield
- May 3 – 9 AM – Toronto – Environment Canada Headquarters, 4905 Dufferin St, Toronto
- May 7 – 7 PM – Toronto – Environment Canada Headquarters, 4905 Dufferin St, Toronto
- May 10 – 9 AM – Cornwall – OPG St. Lawrence Power Visitor Centre – 2500B 2nd St. W, Cornwall
- May 13 – 7 PM – Dufferin County – Amaranth-East Garafraxa Town Hall – 374028 6th Line Amaranth
- May 15 – 7 PM – Kitchener – Bingemans Conference Centre – 425 Bingemans Centre Drive, Kitchener
- May 21 – 7 PM – Niagara Region/Thorold – Thorold Fire Station #2, 701 Allanburg Road, Thorold
- May 21 – 6:30 PM – Renfrew – Best Western, 760 Gibbons Road, Renfrew
- May 22 – 7 PM – Peterborough – Peterborough Public Library – 345 Aylmer St. North, Peterborough
- May 24 – 9 AM – Orillia/Rama – Rama Fire Hall – 7454 Willams Road, Rama
- May 31 – 9 AM – Sudbury – Lionel E. Lalonde Centre, 239 Montee Principale, Azilda.
- May 31 – 9:30 AM – Belleville – Belleville Library Upper Floor Conference Room – 254 Pinnacle Street, Belleville
- June 1- 1 PM – Espanola – Pinewood Inn, 378 Centre St.
- June 2 – 7 PM – Sault Ste. Marie – Delta Sault Ste. Marie, 208 St. Mary’s Drive
- June 3 – 7 PM – Timmins – Holiday Inn, 30 Algonquin Blvd West.
- June 4 – 6:30 PM – Temiskaming Shores – College Boreal, route 118, New Liskeard.
- June 5 – 6:30 PM – North Bay – OPP Regional Headquarters – Cathy Burns Training Room, 911A Gormanville Road
- June 9 – 7 PM – Thunder Bay – McIntyre Building Room 274, Red Rock Drive, Confederation College, Thunder Bay
- June 10 – 7 PM – Atikokan – Venue to be determined
- June 11 – 7 PM – Fort Frances/Emo – Emo-Lavallee Community Centre 78 Colonization Road, Emo
- June 12 – 1 PM – Kenora – Red Cross Offices – 1008 Ottawa St. Keewatin
- June 12 – 7 PM – Kenora – Red Cross Offices – 1008 Ottawa St. Keewatin
- June 13 – 7 PM – Dryden – Dryden Fire Services Training Room -189 Colonization Ave S
- Frontenac County – To be determined
Warning Preparedness Meteorologist |
Météorologue de sensibilisation aux alertes
Ontario Region Client Services |
Service à la clientèle, Région de l’Ontario
Environment Canada | Environnement Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
4905 Dufferin St | 4905 rue Dufferin
Toronto, ON M3H 5T4
HSMM-MESH I will be demonstrating VOIP and supplying all the IP phones. So if you have a node please bring it along and I will show how I can connect a VOIP phone from your HSMM-MESH node. just make sure that your firmware is up to date.
Do you like Pi ? then see what a Raspberry Pi can do
Looking forward too seeing you there.
73 Ralph ve3vxy