One of our Scarborough Amateur Radio Club members, Don Fisher (VE3ESE) won the ARRL VHF contest Award in 1962. Here is a scan of the award.
From ares.meskes.ca via Bob VE3IEL:
Ontario province-wide SET: http://ares.meskes.ca/php/bulletin.php?id=460&v=4
Toronto ARES SET: http://ares.meskes.ca/php/bulletin.php?id=462&v=7
Toronto ARES SET Net. Sat. Dec. 4th 2010 10.00 am – 2.00 pm
- Further information for Toronto ARES Group members is the following.
- We will operate our own local Toronto SET Net during the 4 hour period from 10.00 to 14.00 hrs ET.
- The net will be on our 2A VE3GTU repeater 145.130 MHz PL 103.5.
- The format will be simular to the G20 Net Activity that we had earlier this year with a new NCS for each hour.
- Stations should be prepared to receive and originate formal traffic test messages.
- We are seeking stations to take on the role of NCS for one hour. See the list below.
- Please inform Joe – VE3OV if you can cover an hour on Saturday Dec 4th.
10.00 AM – 11.00 AM – VA3 PRW – Peter
11.00 AM – 12.00 PM -
12.00 PM – 1.00 PM – VE3 VAJ – Robert
1.00 PM – 2.00 PM -
Thanks to Allyn Pollock VE3PRG who sent in these pictures from our coffee social night on July 23.
This year, the Scarborough MS Walk was held on Sunday April 18th, 2010, with most of the activity in the morning hours beginning at 8:30 AM
The weather was good; and the turnout of people was also good. There were fifteen Amateur Radio operators available this year.
- James VE3EMT, acted as our main headquarters control station.
- The headquarters once again was at the lunch room of Cedarbrae Collegiate at Markham Rd and Eastpark Blvd.
- Arpad VA3VAD was James' backup and liaison person with the headquarters staff.
- Peter VE3FJI was situated at the entrance to the park area, not far from the headquarters area.
- Gord VE3GIH was at the base of the Lawrence/McCowan bridge area.
- Lance VA3LDX was situated at the Thomson Park watering station.
- Dean VA3DBD, was located at the quarter mile mark as indicated on the bike & walk trail.
- Christian VA3CEQ watched over the Birkdale sidewalk area at the Birkdale Ravine entrance.
- Tom VE3BTR, kept watch over the Birkdale Centre watering station.
- John VE3POJ, acted as our mobile trouble shooter & rover.
- Benita VA3VAJ was positioned on the walkway where the stairs from Thomson park rise up to the Brimley Road area.
- Robert VE3VAJ took up a position at the cross-walk lights from Thomson Park leading across Brimley Road.
- Ray VE3ZXC, assisted with communications from the weary walker van.
- The weary walker van once again was provided by a local Chrysler dealer.
- Rudie VE3OUA, a white caner operator, made the attempt to walk the route which was ten kilometres for walkers.
- Peter VA3PRW assisted Rudie and walked with him.
On Monday, April 12, Eric Meth (VE3EI) from Icom will be doing a presentation and demo on D-STAR.
The meeting starts at 7:00 PM sharp. We are located in the Seniors Lounge at the Don Montgomery Community Recreation Centre, 2467 Eglinton Ave E, Toronto (near Kennedy subway).