VE3DM Robert Mord George “Bob” Millard
of Orillia, Ontario,
Passed on 3 December, 2016 at age of 81
Bob had been a member of SARC in the 60’s and 70’s and contributed to the success of the 1977 ARRL National Convention hosted by SARC by producing a promotional video in VHS.
JONES, Saltus George Peniston – Age 99, born in Bermuda Passed away during his sleep Sunday. He will be remembered by his wife Ruth, sons Gerry and Ron, their wives Audrey and Gail. He was adored by his six grandchildren Dan, Stephanie, Diane, Don and Rachael and Rosalind and 13 great-grandchildren. He survived the passing of his first wife Marjorie. His passions were family, 47 years at Metro News, 3 holes- in-one golfing, fishing, ham radio, navigator/instructor in WWII and his cats. Funeral service: Sunday, September 20th, 1 p.m., Chapel, Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto. RSVP Audrey Jones or Mark Speakman. In lieu of flowers, give to Sunnybrook Veterans Hospital Foundation.
Published in the Toronto Star on Sept. 16, 2015
We will have a club meeting on Monday Sept. 14 2015 at 7 pm at our Don Montgomery Center in the Senior lounge.
Hope to see you there.
Hello everyone, please find below a message regarding the loss of a
fellow Amateur, Tom VE3BTR. 73 OM, 73.
Interment for Tom Rogers VE3BTR
May 23, 11am
33 Memory Gardens Lane
(Don Mills S of Steeles)
Celebration of Life
May 23, 3pm
26427 Hwy 48
Tnx Martha for passing this info along.
Laird Solomon, VE3LKS
Secretary-Treasurer, North Shore ARC
– Regarding Tom VE3 BTR. This news from Rudie VE3 OUA.
– This I heard from a very reliable source. From Cathy, Tom’s girlfriend.
– Tom has been in hospital in Richmond Hill. It has been called the Mackenzie Centre, since August of 2014.
– They are giving him only five to ten days of life. He is suffering very much.
– If you have any further questions, you may have to call Cathy, his Girlfriend on her cell at:
– I may go and see him with my pastor, who said he would take me to see him.
– We are all going through the sadness of losing Tom, but the great physician is still in performing miracles and
– we only pray for his healing, if it is His will.
– Thanks so much. Rudie VE3 OUA.
There will be no meeting on Monday, March 9.
From Gord VE3CNA:
I have just received the sad news that Fred Fox, VE3XOF, passed away earlier today Wednesday, February 18, 2015. His wife, Chris just called me with the news and asked me to tell his friends in Amateur Radio.
Fred had been a long-time member of Scarborough ARC and a member of Senators. He had been active on the Executive of the club and a Field Day regular. Recently he had been suffering from Parkinson’s disease and had moved to a nursing home for the care that he needed.
Please let others know of his passing as you think appropriate. My next email will go out to the Senators.
73 Gordon VE3CNA
The next meeting starts at 7 PM on Monday, February 9 at the Don Montgomery Community Centre, Seniors Lounge (upper level). Hope to see you there.
The SARC meeting for tonight is cancelled. I apologize for the short notice.
The next meeting starts at 7 PM on Monday, December 8 at the Don Montgomery Community Centre. See you there.