This year, the Scarborough MS Walk was held on Sunday April 18th, 2010, with most of the activity in the morning hours beginning at 8:30 AM
The weather was good; and the turnout of people was also good. There were fifteen Amateur Radio operators available this year.
- James VE3EMT, acted as our main headquarters control station.
- The headquarters once again was at the lunch room of Cedarbrae Collegiate at Markham Rd and Eastpark Blvd.
- Arpad VA3VAD was James’ backup and liaison person with the headquarters staff.
- Peter VE3FJI was situated at the entrance to the park area, not far from the headquarters area.
- Gord VE3GIH was at the base of the Lawrence/McCowan bridge area.
- Lance VA3LDX was situated at the Thomson Park watering station.
- Dean VA3DBD, was located at the quarter mile mark as indicated on the bike & walk trail.
- Christian VA3CEQ watched over the Birkdale sidewalk area at the Birkdale Ravine entrance.
- Tom VE3BTR, kept watch over the Birkdale Centre watering station.
- John VE3POJ, acted as our mobile trouble shooter & rover.
- Benita VA3VAJ was positioned on the walkway where the stairs from Thomson park rise up to the Brimley Road area.
- Robert VE3VAJ took up a position at the cross-walk lights from Thomson Park leading across Brimley Road.
- Ray VE3ZXC, assisted with communications from the weary walker van.
- The weary walker van once again was provided by a local Chrysler dealer.
- Rudie VE3OUA, a white caner operator, made the attempt to walk the route which was ten kilometres for walkers.
- Peter VA3PRW assisted Rudie and walked with him.